In the surroundings
camping du plan d'eau
Discover the nearby surroundings of the camping du plan d’eau de St Yrieix sur Charente.
Between water activities thanks to the proximity of the lake and the charente river, hiking and cultural exploration of the city center of Angoulême and the comic book museum… So many moments of pleasure to share !
Parmi les suggestions autour de l'eau
Plan d'eau de la grande prairie
Le plan d’eau, a true leisure base in the immediate vicinity of the campsite (400 m).
- Sailing center :Practice windsurfing, dinghy sailing or canoeing, as well as mountain biking, regardless of your skill level.
- Special offers for campers : 30% more time on rentals
- Swimming area : The swimming area is monitored by lifeguards in the afternoon :
– In May and September =>Wednesdays, Saturdays, Sundays and holidays ;
– In June, July and August=> every day
- Children’s playground :
Access to recreational areas is free and avalable from 08:00 AM to 10:00 PM.Carousel during the day (paid access)
- Special offers for campers : Carousel => 10€ lfor 10 tickets
- Volleyball court
- Picnic areas
- Acess to the coulée verte (greenway) :
- Starting from the plan d’eau, you can walk or cycle along this path along the charente river for nearly 20kms. Signage will help you discover its natural and historical treasures.
Aqua center Nautilis
Nautilis is a water leisure center located near the campsite (600m) that welcomes you every day.
The diversity of pools at nautilis center allows all audiences to enjoy their favorite aquatic activities, including :
– 7 indoor sports sports and leisure aquatic pools,
– a balneotherapy area (saunas, hammam, jacuzzi, solarium and relaxation pool),
– a cardio-training room
– 4 outdoor leisure pools during the summer season (pentatlos,wave pool, river and paddling pool).
Special rates are available for campers. Please inquire at the campground reception for more information.
Canoe and kayak rental
Special offers for campers : For any group of at least 8 people, enjoy a guided tour/rental worth €15 for only €10!
Among the hiking suggestions
The coulée verte
From the grande prairie’s water park, located 400m from the campsite, you can explore a path along the charente river for nearly 20km by foot or bike.
Signage will guide you to discover its natural and historical treasures.
The “coulée verte” was used to tow barges carrying wine, paper, brandy and stones. The charente river played a crucial role in commercial exchanges, transporting forge products downstream and spices, salt and fish upstream. With the arrival of the railroad in 1853, river activity declined and was abandoned.
The charente region boasts 6.000 kilometers of marked trails, frequented by thousands of hikers every year. To plan your hikes, wether on foot or by bike, visit the charente website.
To plan your hikes whether on foot or by bike, visit the charente website.
Among the cultural suggestions
The heritage of Angoulême
Discover the treasures of the cathedral, the former town hall known as the comtal castle where Marguerite d’Angoulême, sister of François I, was born in 1492, the painted walls, the paper museum, or take a guided tour on a small train → Tourism office of Angoulême
The Angoulême museum
Located in the former wine cellars, the Comic book museum boasts the largest collection of original comic book art in Europe, preserved and displayed for the public. Explore the richness of its collections, both permanent and temporary exhibitions, as well as a diverse program of events.
Near the museum, you can spot the statue of Corto Maltese. This pays tribute to the comic book character and its creator, Hugo Pratt.
More suggestions in the surroundings
The Charentes region
A mindful territory with a agenuine commitment to preservation and excellence.
An inventive territory, the cradle of great projects and innovative adventures.
A sincere territory, ensuring beautiful encounters.